6/20/2006

aloha

My little menahuni. I've missed you! We are on vacation on an island in the Pacific: all around us tropical flowers abound and fruit hanging low on trees ready to be devoured. We are staying in a plantation house in Hana, HI-paradise on earth. Besides my forested mainland home, I've never witnessed such lush beauty . Our vacation is more than half over and I can already feel the grief creeping in. Miles is so at home here. As always, the medicine jumps forward on trips far away from the familiar. That may be why I love to travel so much. The learning is accelerated without the shortsighted thinking I experience at home. Some things that I need intimate time with can really seep in. A few items are digesting here. A few mantras seem to be repeating: You can either be right or you can be free. If one must defend a thing, perhaps there is more work to be done. More comfort levels to be scaled. Doing nothing (wu wei) can be a very productive act. Geckos in a drinking vessel must go. Now I'm cracking myself up and getting totally off track. I'll have to finish this post later! HA HA! There are turquoise Venus pools to throw myself into from great heights and Pele's mountains to be climbed. Aloha!

11 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

Oh how I've missed you! I feel instantly relaxed knowing that you are on a lush tropical island. (the phenomenon that separated twins feel) I look forward to your return and more pics, like the one posted here, that make me dizzy with joy.

Love deep,
Wendy

6/21/2006 03:33:00 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

I find it so much easier to do soul searching abroad. I also waver between wanting to prolong my trip, head home immediately and also just pick up and go some where and never return home...travel can be very emotional for me.

Enjoy the rest of your trip! And have a safe trip home. I can't wait to hear all about it!

6/21/2006 07:33:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah... your post was like a fresh drink of water. Such a beautiful place, such a delicious baby, and the learning... there truly is nothing better then another space and time for revealing truths more clearly.

6/21/2006 09:06:00 AM  
Blogger Swirly said...

Aloha yourself - I am saying hello from Tokyo! I am so happy to hear you are enjoying your holiday - now go swim with some turtles!

6/21/2006 04:43:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds wonderful! And what a picture! He's such a darling little boo-bear!

Ahem...

And your mantras have me thinking...especially the first one. I sense that it's important but I have no idea what it means to me right now. Hmmm...

6/21/2006 06:36:00 PM  
Blogger boho girl said...

oh, i miss you too Pixie.

what a lovely and amazing picture of your little one. nature boy in nature.

marinate in each moment there.

love to you,
boho

6/22/2006 02:10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a delicious little babe. Have fun soaking in all the vacation goodness.

6/23/2006 01:05:00 PM  
Blogger a m y said...

that picture is too cute for words! enjoy, enjoy, enjoy all that you're learning and most importantly, enjoy the relaxation!

6/24/2006 09:22:00 PM  
Blogger Goddess Leonie * GoddessGuidebook.com said...

deep blessings of pele and venus pools and sand and ocean and tropicano and wu wei to you dear woman sister...

i have just returned yesterday from a spirit retreat in the desert...
i know of the quickened lessons you speak of, and also the grief... we are grieving her, mama earth, the desert sand, who we were out there... and who we wish to bring back with us... ourselves, and great spirit, grande espiritu.

love and blessings,
leonie

6/25/2006 12:05:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post...although I'm actually in love with geckos...but in drinking vessels? Not so much. :)

6/25/2006 11:08:00 AM  
Blogger FRIZZ said...

I just found your blog and I think it's one of the most intelligent and well written around. I had to immediately go through all of your archives and catch up with every bit of it. You're a wise soul. I'd love to learn more about the animal lore and I totally can see you with you own slew of books to help others. You're blog has already become a favorite of mine!

6/30/2006 07:34:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home