5/08/2006

the weekend lives on

my goofy ass husband wearing miles hat. always the sunday morning comedian.

first time EVER touching a tree. how wonderful is that?

willie the weekend warrior.

steve & me.

These are photos taken this weekend: i am still feeling so full because of a brilliant and sunny hike with good friends.

I'm going to copycat my favorite mama, Wendy, and direct you to Christina's journal to read her scrumptious-i'm-so-glad-she-articulated-this paragraph about the memory. I am thinking all about being in the moment this week. Grief has a way of making me forget things, too. Like Funday. Some people don't forget and for this I am so very grateful. I'll do better this month. Lovin: *Tazo Mate Tropic *Pot Beans-so earthy smelling all day *Apple-raisin-cinnamon empanadas *Mango Cilantro Salsa *Mangoes and more Mangoes *Mail Candy from the Sweetest Sweet *Bach Flower Remedies in White Chestnut and Vine *My goal to STOP sentence chopping people! *Coconut ice cream

*My hysterical husband and his wacky band. *YOU.

Go have some fun, eh?

7 Comments:

Blogger Goddess Leonie * GoddessGuidebook.com said...

SUCH delicious photos.
you are one WONDER womyn and mama and wifey!

:)

oh... to see miles' first tree encounter is touching indeedy.

thank you for these light soaked moments.

5/08/2006 10:29:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What gorgeous pictures!

Thanks so much for sharing Miles's tree touching experience. I'm all sentimental over here about how fast my little Madam is growing up, and that picture articulated the joyful side of that perfectly.

Hey, can we use Bach Flower Remedies if we are breastfeeding? Hurray! I've been missing my Walnut.

5/09/2006 03:28:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I adore the documentation of the First Tree Experience. I just finished Elizabeth Gilbert's marvelous book, eat pray love, and there's a story in it about a celebration/ritual that's done when babies reach the ripe old age of six months. (This is when they become human beings, no longer gods.) At the end of this ceremony, the babies' feet are allowed to touch the earth for the first time~ up until that moment, they're held.

What a beautiful family, by the way!

5/09/2006 05:59:00 PM  
Blogger Colorsonmymind said...

Great photos. You look so happy in the last one.

Like the list. I too am working on the sentence chopping:)

5/10/2006 07:24:00 AM  
Blogger nina beana said...

a mini-tree-hugger! lovin' it.

5/10/2006 10:20:00 AM  
Blogger Goose said...

You guys are adorable.

5/10/2006 03:48:00 PM  
Blogger Swirly said...

I love photos of you laughing - they give me huge smiles!!

5/11/2006 09:02:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home