5/02/2006

spt-introduce yourself

self portrait tuesday is one of those things i began for fun and now i'm addicted. maybe i'm addicted to my own image. or addicted to picking it apart. or something. they've revamped their site and it is tres user friendly now. even i can figure it out. but now its called "self portrait challenge".

so that is me in a dressing room. i'm also addicted to clothes. any new variation on the jean or t-shirt and i'm on it. a real glamour girl.

ok, a few things you may not know about me...

*i'm a mom and i'm crazy about my seven month old baby boy. i take attachment parenting to the edge: he sleeps in the bed with us, i breastfeed all day and all night, he can be found on my body 90% of the time. i love it. i don't relate with moms who have to take their kid to daycare and then put them in a crib to sleep at night. i'd be lying if i didn't say that i think my way is better. oh, and i'm a know-it-all. my mother called me this for years and it's really true.

*my first real job was in the clothing business, a manufacturer that only had an opening for a receptionist. i answered phones until they let me have the assistant design position. oversized tees with matching stirrup leggings were all the rage...i stayed in the biz for ten years, long enough to see those leggings burn, and work for a couple of really awesome companies.

*i love bluegrass music. my grandpap's influence. i pretty much only like the stuff he likes. but i like lots of other music as well. just ask the string of boys i dated before i married B. all musicians. i'm nuts that way.

*i'm allergic to the sun. break out in blisters all over my hands and arms. i should probably live somewhere that is not california, but it is home.

*i pour milk over my ice cream. just like my dad. gross out if you have to, but i think its yummy. little icy bits form and swim around in the milky goodness before i slurp em up.

*my verbal skills are no better than my writing skills. so if we ever speak on the phone, this is the best you can hope for.

*i love animals. i also don't eat them. (except i did have clam chowder in santa monica weeks ago. i did ask B if he thought clams had feelings or if they feel pain. he didn't know, so i went for it. shame it wasn't worth it.) animals, their presence and behaviors make up a significant part of my spiritual life.

that is SO plenty about me. its all i can take, really. i'll post pictures of miles next which is why you come here. i'm onto you.

perking up a bit around here. glad of it.

9 Comments:

Blogger boho girl said...

i want to go shopping with you, pretty fashion girl!

i love bluegrass music as well. did you go to the blue grass festival in Julian this year?

one of my faves are Nickel Creek.

lovely picture and fun little bits. slurping icy ice cream is yummy.

5/02/2006 08:49:00 PM  
Blogger nina beana said...

me = also wicked bad on the phone

milk + breyers mint chocolate chip ice cream = crazy delicious

i'm feelin' you!

5/03/2006 04:13:00 AM  
Blogger Swirly said...

I am glad your energy is lightening, my dear.

5/03/2006 08:44:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

your verbal skills are excellent. you express yourself with intelligence and passion, just the way you write. i wanna be like you when i grow up.
milk and ice cream--i think that's called a milkshake. you forgot to fess up that you like to dip french fries in your chocolate shakes.
loved this blog today m'lady faire. you can do magic. you just turned my mood from blah to bonny.

5/03/2006 01:08:00 PM  
Blogger Colorsonmymind said...

You look fabulous.

Love the juicy bits.

5/03/2006 01:38:00 PM  
Blogger M said...

Nice to meet you! Love the pic! Catching up on your blog, reading your archives, wish I could leave so many more comments!

5/03/2006 03:48:00 PM  
Blogger Kim Carney said...

Hello Pixie, you are looking great...I love it when babies sleep in bed with parents!

5/06/2006 09:53:00 PM  
Blogger Crafty Missus said...

your way is definatly better. llew is 13 mths old and is still in bed with us. and still on the boob!
bluegrass? you should google 'five for silver'.
and milk on your ice cream, i think i may have listed that in my introduction as well!!! all about the sweet icy bits.
don't give up on clam chowder yet. it's over so fast the clams don't feel a thing, and there is some wicked places to get clam chowder where i come from. atlantic clams. go east.

5/07/2006 10:11:00 AM  
Blogger Joe Croyle said...

Pixie, I think you are wonderful. I always knew Brandon had a big head because that hat would fit any normal baby. Can't wait to see you guys!! Keep writing.

Dad

5/19/2006 03:38:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home