4/07/2006

grounded

it is late and dark here and i should really be in bed. i feel sort of giddy, not in an anxious way, but in that "i feel wonderful, but i can't really articulate why" sort of way. i am aching all over from overnursing a clingy, teething baby and bending over signs that i painted for my friend's store that is having its grand opening tomorrow. so tired, but exhilarated. my senses are dancing around to this ancient echo in my bones. something about this evening has the most magical quality. like a mad banshee on fermented turnips, i'm devouring this company's cedar incense (the sweetgrass is great, too) and white sage and wild mint tea. oh my goodness, if you are transported at the whiff of brambly, california hillsides or real campfires, go quickly. i think drinking the tea and burning the incense in my studio tonite is what lit that spark at the seat of my soul and has me up late ready to howl at the moon... makes me never want to go to sleep again... like when misty dawn fritchey and me got new blue school shoes and loved them so much that we kept them on when we went to bed. dynakids, they were called...her grandmother would have had a fit had she known. this fine night i send you much needed rest, the kind that sends your little hairlike roots travelling deep into the earth, pushing your way softly toward your own fertile center where the magic is sparking without you even knowing it...

6 Comments:

Blogger nina beana said...

love this post...we're all about the overnursing here- maybe joeypum and miles had a secret overnursing conference that we didn't know about.

4/08/2006 05:07:00 AM  
Blogger Goddess Leonie * GoddessGuidebook.com said...

woman, those talking sticks are something else. they LIT up in me as soon as i saw your picture.

you reminded me... i have just woken up, from a night filled with dreaming.

in one of the dreams, i was at the ocean, a blue canoe on the sand, and white wolves appeared, so i howled to them. "if you do not know how to howl, you will not find your tribe."

blessings to you coyote,
love,
buffalo woman.

4/08/2006 05:21:00 PM  
Blogger Swirly said...

Can you please come over and read this to me as I drift away to sleep...?

4/08/2006 06:02:00 PM  
Blogger boho girl said...

i love this..."hairlike roots travelling deep into the earth".

mmmm...i did a meditation CD a few days ago that talked about rooting and travelling deep into the earth's center, as well as stretching up into the sky, the Universe, so that i felt connected, so connected to mother nature.

so your words truly resonated with me.

you have such a natural spirituality about you that is so enchanting and brings me into what feels like a safe place when i read your words.

i imagine us sitting around a campfire sharing stories...

4/09/2006 08:49:00 AM  
Blogger liz elayne lamoreux said...

oh this last paragraph speaks to my very soul this evening. i am going to go off to bed and take these words with me...hoping i dream of deep roots in the ground.

4/09/2006 11:32:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmmmmm.... thank you for this. As I read the very last paragraph, I slowed down and took a deep long inhale. Such a sweet moment of reconnection. Blessed Be sweet woman.

4/10/2006 10:32:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home