5/04/2006

phoenix magic

grammalo and miles at an outdoor cafe. the leg goes right into the foot, we say. a cankle of sorts. daddy and boy. my friend jen said this to me in an email- *thank you, jen*.

"I know there isn't much I can say.... I do recall at one point in my life that many deaths of people I knew brought me to this thought: Somehow life arises from a persons death. It seems like when we are struck by the death of a loved one, friend, or even an aquaintance, an unsudden appreciation of them arises out of nowhere and you think, thank you God for bringing this person into my life. All the gems of their life, which is now a part of yours whether you experience it with them or not, come to light. They, like you, are all a part of this big picture, a grand one. Then you realize your encounter, no matter how brief, is a blessing."

life does arise from a person's death. conversations about how short life is begin to take place again, extra effort is taken to get to those destinations we always wanted to get to, a fearlessness sets in. the glittery life dust gets stirred up, and i take notice. i squeeze my loved ones closer, knit my little family closer together, and count my many blessings. living in a constant state of this kind of awareness is rare.

i want to thank my dear, colorful friend maya, one more time here, for shining her bright light on our lives. for being a beacon of smiles and happiness always. we loved her so much.

squeeze your lovers tight today.

6 Comments:

Blogger boho girl said...

you know...i haven't told you yet but the last few days i have been squeezing my husband extra tight. i was inspired to do so by your last few posts...and then you confirmed it in this one.

counting my blessings. what Jen said was magical and i hope it put some peace in your heart. it sure did mine.

hugging you warmly, sister.

5/04/2006 12:16:00 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

thank you for posting the "cankles"...
what a delicious way to start the day.


melty sigh,
wendy

5/05/2006 03:25:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Pixie, I'm so very sorry. I came here this morning to let you know that I'd taken a road trip last weekend to go to Portland to surprise my friend with liver cancer...and how he seems so well and good and fiercely positive in his fight...it gave me hope. I came here to say that I hoped that Maya was feeling hope, too. I'm so very sorry for your loss...and I don't know why reading about her death is making me cry so very hard...

5/05/2006 05:52:00 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

Honey bun! I am so sorry about Maya. I'm sorry that I wasn't able to check your blog at my conference! I love the pictures of Miles, I love the picture of you (you little hottie!), I love your words and I love you!

Thanks for being a guest blogger for me too! I have had some wonderful feedback. In fact, I just spoke with a new mother and she said you were right on!

Love you!

Julie J

5/05/2006 10:05:00 AM  
Blogger nina beana said...

ooh, we're squeezing here. thought of your post today as i snuggled my kids under our tree reading pippi longstocking out loud. savoring every moment.

and the cankle pic is just too much! i love love love those legs.

5/05/2006 10:41:00 AM  
Blogger Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

love everyday in everyway!
Life is too short to wait until tomorrow!

ps
Your baby has the most amazing leggies!!

5/05/2006 03:24:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home