8/12/2005

what idiosyncrasies?

Whose bright idear was this again? Five of them? *I overthink the process of everything-I want each act to be most efficient. Ex. I'm going downstairs to do the laundry and I remember that Blue rubbed her nose on the sliding window. Even though my hands are full, I go under the sink and get the spray cleaner to carry down with me so I can kill two birds. I'm the queen bird killer. This is left over from my waitressing days: never leave a table empty handed. If you can take care of something else while you're at it, do it! *I'm a natural contradictor. If you say it's black, my brain is going to search for any way it can be seen as white. I will take all possibilities into consideration. Plus I'm always looking for a way to promote the underdog and I am the official Devil's Advocate. Que annoying! *I like nuts in everything. Cake, ice cream, brownies, chocolate bars, muffins, bread. Significant B calls them speedbumps. Is this why I never bake? *I can't stand it when people let water run at the sink. If you turn on the water and walk away, I will be right behind you to turn it off. Wasting anything drives me insane. I recycle EVERYTHING. Plastic bottles with questionable water still in them can be used to water a plant! *I am almost always late, and I hate waiting on people! What a horrible combination! This exercise is for the birds! Thanks to Feisty and Swirly for inspiring....

3 Comments:

Blogger Swirly said...

I laughed my head off reading these - I too am an extreme overthinker and I also can't stand it when people leave water running. I'm always turning the water off behind Mr. BigShot!!

By the way, I LOVE that you are a contradictor - that is why I come to you with my problems. I know you'll help me look at it in a different light.

8/13/2005 08:17:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm right there with you on the recycling. I have six boxes of stuff to take out right now and I think my husband gets a bit annoyed about it...

And who doesn't like to get a bunch of things done at once! :)

8/13/2005 09:38:00 AM  
Blogger Kerstin said...

Never mind killing two birds with a stone, I like to go for the whole swarm! Up until I crashed my iBook that is. I was trying to do it all at once by carrying the iBook in one hand, a water jug and glass in the other, a magazine under my arm and a couple of t-shirts over my shoulder for good measures. I ended up tripping, tried to save everything and although I caught the iBook before it fell to the floor (whilst keeping the jug intact) I lost my balance and smashed it into the wall instead. Always do your back-ups!

8/13/2005 01:48:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home