8/05/2005

the other side

Good morning from Pine Mountain, Aug 5. Today the forecast is isolated thundershowers. I love it! Though Thursdays are my day of contemplation, a day of storms presents a hall pass to do whatever I want. I must say I don't see any clouds... Yesterday's soul conundrum left me in a black or white closet. Choose one outlook, and go down fighting. Choose the other and exhibit monk-like grace surrender tactics. Neither was right for me. What I found on my journey to the swamp hag was that there is a middle road. I will learn what this means only by experiencing it, and in the meantime I am determined not to be myopic. In my attempt to handle the dilemma, I realized I was disconnecting from my feelings entirely. This presented a far greater problem than my original matter at hand! Through setting an intention, praying, and toning, I created a reconnection to my body that is allowing me to be present in the unknown. This all settles very well with me. A strange clarity exists though I don't know what the outcome will look like in the end. No matter what, I will stay connected to my intention. Again with the elusiveness. I'll share when I can. Now to recover my sense of bloody humor, which takes a vacation when I recede into psychological torpor.

3 Comments:

Blogger Swirly said...

Your sense of humor will never leave you. This is one of our greatest tools, I believe. It is one of the swords you carry with you in your armor.

8/05/2005 11:26:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

there is a definite sword theme today.

i like the image of having 'tools' that we carry with us at all times. we can pull them out whenever we like.

elusiveness is fine, we can still relate to your experience without knowing all the little details. it is the root and the process that matters.

big love to you

8/05/2005 12:52:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

In the time I have known you, your sense of humor stands out as one of your strongest traits. Wish you lived closer so I could see you more often!

8/05/2005 12:54:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home