10/09/2005

tiempo esta ahorita

of course he's the most precious thing ever. i can't stop looking at him. i'm back, ya'll. i took off the entire month of september to move house and home and have this baby. i have missed blogging and checking in on all of you, and don't know where to begin to get back into the swing of my cyber relationships. all i can think of is loving this boy. he is one week and one day old today and life has a whole new light around it. its a good thing because conditions are a bit adverse at times here on the new homestead. we have had a laundry list of problems and adjustments to make that have interfered with our idea of how we would have liked to spend our first week with Miles Lighthorse Campbell-but we are invoking the coyote: adaptability. baby is already teaching us-reminding us-of what is MOST important, and that is being present and holding gratitude in our hearts for everything. we are blessed in so many ways. i received an email from a dear friend of mine who is serving in the slums of baghdad where trash is piled stories high and raw sewer reservoirs provide the view and olfactory stimulation. life is a series of adjustments to environment each day. my shortcomings are hilighted as a new parent. i see myself in a new way, through a baby's eyes, and i get to make choices about what i want him to see. more than anything, i want to have integrity in all that i do and make each moment count. its good to be here.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

He is so beautiful, congratulations!

amy

10/10/2005 10:30:00 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

ah my friend! welcome back! I have been thinking of you every day and checking in here often! Miles is lovely! I can't wait to meet him! I love you!

10/10/2005 03:04:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a little wonder~ biggest congratulations to you, Mama Pixie! I kept checking in hopefully, and was so amazed to see this picture today. You'll be magnificent~

10/10/2005 04:32:00 PM  
Blogger Swirly said...

I am so proud of you, and missing you so much I can hardly stand it. I LOVE YOU.

10/11/2005 07:35:00 PM  
Blogger auburnpisces said...

Beautiful baby. Nice to have you back. And what a great name. Tell me about it. Welcome back to your cyberhome.

10/14/2005 03:05:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home