10/18/2005

about a boy

Its all about this little dreamboat. Anyone nauseated by other people's baby pictures can select the "back" button on her browser at this time. Likely there will be many more where this came from until I reclaim my identity in about twenty or thirty years. The last two and a half weeks have been very different from anything I have ever known. Moving house aside, just bringing this little boy into our lives has had a tremendous effect on both B and I. Being with him daily is a full time affair, our bodies are in contact for almost the full twenty four hours. I am learning so much about patience and more about my own anxieties. I get a bit nervous if he won't stop crying. In the beginning, I was breastfeeding constantly (he's quite the comfort sucker). Now I'm guiding us both into longer sleep and longer eating periods to save both our sanities. I was really starting to feel like the human udder or teats on legs as I like to say. Its been somewhat heartbreaking and also very relieving at the same time. When he is well rested he is so much happier. The journey into new parenthood is a strange one: full of twists and turns on a completely unfamiliar road. I fear the potholes and unseen cliffs without guardrails... I love him so much. Also noteworthy is how having a babe hilights a relationship. If your marriage is strong and wonderful, a baby exaggerates that (vomit now). Seriously, it is incredible to watch my mate thrive and bloom at fatherhood. Even better is having him change poopy diapers while I sleep. Hey! I'm the one with the boobs, I need some kind of break... When the honeymoon is over, I'm sure I will have plenty to say about art and earth, relationships and magic. Until then, I will continue to oogle over this amazing creature in my lap. Love and snurgles, P.

2 Comments:

Blogger kelly barton art + design said...

welcome to the sistahood of mommy... i found your blog
months ago through swirly and
i was checking it occassionally
but noticed that you hadn't update
and realized what was probably
going on. and today i thought, i am
going to check if she has had the baby. so many blessing to all

10/20/2005 03:04:00 PM  
Blogger Swirly said...

Absolute magic.

10/22/2005 07:51:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home