9/24/2006

Trampoline

Miles and Chloe, friends forever. This has been a crazy, fun and also backbreaking week. I began with a bang having to pack those few things most meaningful to me, including Miles, the three dogs and two cats and drive up to my parents rancho to escape the raging forest fire seven miles south of our home. In the end, the smoke made it look much closer than it was, but as our dear firefighting friend said to me, "that isn't very far away". Indeed. A strange thing when you have about an hour to grab the hard drive which contains all of our precious photos, the wedding album, a few clothing items, the laptop, camera and other miscellaneous stuff one thinks she might need to protect. Nature's little test for me this week. Our little blaze is the largest burning fire in the nation and declared a national disaster at over a hundred thousand acres. A nesting feeling is coming over me, I want to organize the house and make soup in my big cast iron dutch oven. I love this time of year. I can't wait to take Miles to the pumpkin patch. I received some yummy mail goodies for my birthday, which is so surprising and makes me feel well-loved. I've spoken with a dear and lovely friend and connected like never before. I made glass art for the first time (pictures coming soon). I picked apples in my yard. I helped my illin' brother clean his apartment. I watched a movie with my honey. I hosted a yard sale on the windiest day of the year in my driveway. I witnessed my mom's 5 year sobriety birthday. I ate chocolate cake and chocolate ice cream. I kissed the cold, pink cheeks of the sweetest boy in town. "Love comforteth like sunshine after rain." -- William Shakespeare

7 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

To pumpkin patches
To anything chocolate
To kisses
To pink cheeks of the sweetest boys
To blustery days
To love

A toast to "goodliness"...a toast to you, my friend!
xoxo

9/25/2006 03:13:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my dear--that was so sweet and wonderful. I feel like I just read a soul-satisfying novel--you packed so much into such a small space. Sugar looks yummylicious on the trampoline--gorgeous pictures!
Ahhhhhhhhhh. That was my heart sighing with love and gratitude for the sweetest boy in town and his mommy.

9/25/2006 09:36:00 PM  
Blogger changapeluda said...

I'd like to de-Lurk by saying:
My! What grace under pressure, you have!

9/26/2006 05:57:00 PM  
Blogger Cheryn said...

happy belated birthday...

love those hats on miles and the cutest little cheeks popping out of them!

9/27/2006 02:24:00 PM  
Blogger liz elayne lamoreux said...

i am so glad you are safe!
and happy, happy birthday my dear...such wonderful times you have been having in the midst of fire (literally).

could he be any cuter? (said in my best chandler bing impression)

hugs,
liz

9/29/2006 08:28:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me too! I love this time of year!!

10/02/2006 09:50:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Above trampoline is very good and all people prefer trampoline to get exercise in these days. For children, it is the best product to get enjoyment.

Trampoline pads

9/10/2012 10:31:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home