9/13/2006

Happy Birthday Dad

Today is my Dad's birthday and I wanted to honor him here and share him with you. Here are some things you should know about him to love him: He is extremely silly. He takes himself too seriously sometimes and has to pause and laugh at himself. He sometimes talks so fast that we say his mouth can't keep up with his brain. He talks to strangers. He is jolly. He sits each morning before work with his socks in his hands staring into space-we call this the "Sock Trance". He loves to walk all over the mountains. He appears easygoing, but he also has a nervous energy about him, ants in his pants-I have this too. He never cries. When he gets super excited, he can't stop coughing. He used to be a daredevil in his younger day: riding bucking horses and driving really fast. He is a self made man: owns his own business and works very hard, indulging in few luxuries. He talks to slot machines. He loves his homeland of Oklahoma and would like to live there again someday. He has a deep appreciation of the way things were in simpler times. He loves me and our family so much.

7 Comments:

Blogger Goddess Leonie * GoddessGuidebook.com said...

happy birthday you wild and fabulous man!

bless you for bringing pixie into this world...
:)

9/13/2006 02:02:00 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

happy birthday...wishing you many moments of silliness!!

9/13/2006 03:42:00 AM  
Blogger kelly rae said...

what a lovely tribute from a girl to her dad.

9/13/2006 08:15:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw---that was awesome! The only thing I can think to add is that he LOVES his children and grandson (and son-in-law) more than he could ever express in words. He is especially proud of that itty bitty girlie he had flowers delivered to in her 1st or 2nd grade classroom on a birthday long ago.
Yup--he's a keeper.

9/14/2006 03:52:00 PM  
Blogger Teri said...

Great hearing about your dad. I crazy-love my dad too.

9/16/2006 02:19:00 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

Don't know how I stumbled upon you, I haven't blogged in so long, but I love this about your dad.. we just moved to Nashville, and I really miss mine!!!

9/16/2006 07:13:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful tribute to your Father! I remember a few of these things myself about him:)

9/18/2006 01:22:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home