9/02/2006

Goldmine

"Loving parents should want to find out what they are unconsiously doing to their children. If they simply avoid the subject and instead point to their parental love, then they are not really concerned about their children's well-being, but rather are painstakingly trying to keep a clear conscience. This effort, which they have been making ever since they were little, prevents them from letting their love for their children unfold freely and from learning something from this love."--Alice Miller, For Your Own Good. There seems to be a fair amount of inauthentic parenting happening today. I am discouraged by parents who don't want to hear their children's stories, pains, and even rage. However, I am heartened that there are abundant resources to point people to the path to themselves. The movement toward our inner goldmines is a valuable one, as individuals and as a collective. What is does your essence look like? What are your coping mechanisms? How do you shine your light? Adults have the ability to look deeply into their well, and see who they really are. What can change? What do you think cannot be changed? What would you look like if you could find the sparkles and dark spots your parents gave you and find more of you outside of them? How can we re-nourish our inner voices, nurture that divine essence and draw it forward?

4 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

another VERY thought provoking post, pixie! i'll be pondering your questions for many days.
love to your tribe from mine,
w
xoxox

9/03/2006 04:43:00 AM  
Blogger boho girl said...

Hello my love.
Just wanted to reach out and give you a warm hug. I am starring at your post card up on my billboard in front of me as I write this. I cherish you and your loving support.

I will take time to answer your question on the comment you so sweetly left me. I would love to try and help you with your friend.

Miss and adore you,
Boho

9/03/2006 11:25:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is such an important post and so necessary! Alice Miller is truly a genius and her books have pierce me deeply. The other one that I would recommend is "Drama of the Gifted Child" This one inspired quite alot of therapy sessions!

But I dream of a world where we all dive deep into ourselves, in order to know the whole of who we are in order to dance more clearly and more truly with the children we bring into the world.

Blessings to you!
e

9/05/2006 06:41:00 PM  
Blogger Cheryn said...

as i'm now about to lay my head down for the evening, I have some thoughts and questions to enter my dreams.

and thanks for your "yummy" comments on wendy's site...
your words are always just as DELISH.

9/05/2006 09:51:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home