8/04/2006

Butter Boy

Miles has proven to love almond butter, and the celery stick is perfect for his tender molars. He teaches me so much about pure joy each day. Yesterday was a bit traumatic for us-more for me. On my way to leave Miles with his beloved Gangie at the baby superstore, he cried and cried until he was snuffle-snorting sadly. Sometimes he just doesn't like being in the car for long periods. Then as I was snapping him into his shopping cart cushiony thingy, I caught a bit of his tender underarm flesh in it, pinching him. More crying, poor thing. At that point, I cancelled my doctor's appointment-I've waited three and a half years to have my sprained ankle x-rayed, it can wait another week... A new toy, a scrumptious tortellini lunch with loved ones, and a 3D ultrasound moving picture show of Miles new cousin (who is due on Halloween) rounded out the afternoon, taking the edge off of the unforgiving beginning. Colorful plastic, four kinds of cheese and new life have a way of making everything seem okay. I woke up with a horrible headache this morning. I'm certain it is born of thinking too much. Today I want to slow that down. The season is changing here, the August light shifting and becoming softer-my favorite time of year-my New Year. Sending warm hugs to D who is sad today and C who will be so happy tomorrow.

7 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

just when i was thinking "more miles please"...you post these yummy pics! i'm swooning!

happy tomorrow, dear pixie.

8/04/2006 04:15:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aw--and he wears his butter so well. it looks mahvelous on him. as for me, eating at this moment would be out of the question due to the lump of love in my throat.
heaven, i'm in heaven, and my heart beats so that i can hardly speak.......

8/05/2006 09:44:00 AM  
Blogger kelly rae said...

just found your blog via my friend liz (be present, be here) and i'm lovin it!

8/05/2006 06:54:00 PM  
Blogger Colorsonmymind said...

Oh how I wish I had thought of this for my little ones teething!

He really is adorable.

Glad your day turned out well.

Hugs

8/05/2006 08:17:00 PM  
Blogger liz elayne lamoreux said...

can i say "oh i want to eat him up" and it won't freak you out? hope so.
i just love his precious face.

hope you found some space to slow down a bit and rest and settle into the soft light.

blessings to you,
liz

8/05/2006 10:02:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's so nice to capture those subtle joys. What a sweet boy. I'm reminded of my happy little chocolate dance...

I hope you had time to slow the thinking wheels a bit. It's hard to stop them from working overtime. Love to you.

8/06/2006 06:34:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

you're New Year... mine too, such a joy this time of the season... when you figure out the slow, pass it along.

I love that 1st pic... the eyebrow raise... looks just like the momma ")

take care of you.

8/06/2006 10:18:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home