7/10/2006

Bounty

Busy week! Lots going on at the camp here. I'm helping a dear friend and coach put together her bio for her website and what a good time I'm having. I love extracting someone's gifts and putting them to words so as to acknowledge her in a bright light. What a treat for me! It's like giving presents, that kind of feeling. I'm paying attention to little details like Miles milky breath, the tearing cherry skin between my molars and the sweet scent of the new lavender. The natural world in my yard and around its perimeter is full of beautiful surprises. The previous owners planted many things that die out in winter's cold-tall and hovering cosmos, little teeny purple pansies and columbine are appearing out of nowhere in the beds. The stellar jays are losing their feathers all over the place. And the mountain is being spared the heatwave felt up and down the state. I sit in many circles of women, lucky gal am I. Yesterday I sat in my most endearing circle of all. In a place of complete trust, respect and sisterhood, one can only reach for her highest self. Sacredness abounds, fruit falls on the ground, all around. Look out, Geissel, I'm feelin snarky. "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." --Elbert Hubbard.

5 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

What a gorgeous photo! Miles is so beautiful, he makes me dizzy. Oh how I adore his photos!

Big Love,
W

7/11/2006 03:28:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

And while I try to sit in my rut, I continue to be forced and pushed about by little nudges...

I'm frequently awed by the wonderful women you do get to surround yourself with. Always learning a bit of something from your niblets you share ")

And now its 15 after and I'm STILL not in the shower! but Miles and the Hubbard quote are well worth it ")

7/11/2006 07:21:00 AM  
Blogger liz elayne lamoreux said...

sacredness abounds.
this is beautiful.
and how delightful to discover the little details and all that is growing in your yard.

little miles. well, he is just adorable. love the shadows on this one.

7/11/2006 11:07:00 AM  
Blogger Colorsonmymind said...

Miles looks so snuggly and zen. Great photo and shadows.

I enjoyed reading about your observations and appreciation.

7/12/2006 08:52:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this picture is truly stunning...he is beautiful...

7/13/2006 07:56:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home