11/05/2006

Shroom Fever

I am up drinking chamomile tea late at night and waiting for the antihistimine to kick in...I made the yummiest mushroom potpies tonite, but alas, I am having an allergic reaction to one of the exotic varieties my darling husband brought home. Between Enoki and Italian Brown there lies a culprit. I went to sleep very quickly about an hour after dinner and awoke scratching at hives all over my underarms and trunk. The recipe called for "field mushrooms", so as B was perusing the aisles at the market on Friday after work, he followed instructions to pick up two-and-a-quarter lbs of shrooms. I was excited to try the new flavors, but the Italian Browns seemed a bit stinky and musty, so I only chopped a couple of them and saved the rest for drying. I don't think I have a penicillin allergy, but truth be told I don't even know if I've ever had a shot of P! Eeeeee. Anyone up?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

and you've just had some kind of mushroom, and your mind is moving low. Sheesh, ever since I read this I haven't been able to get Grace Slick out of my head. She has been serenading me all day with talking chessmen and hookah smoking caterpillars.
I hope you are hive free and back in the pink. About that mushroom yummy you were bringing me tomorrow though--does it come with Calamine lotion?

11/06/2006 09:11:00 PM  
Blogger nina beana said...

hey itchy mama-
thinking of you today...pooh on those stinky mushrooms!

11/07/2006 06:33:00 AM  
Blogger Goddess Leonie * GoddessGuidebook.com said...

i've got the giggles at this...
have NO idea why...
i truly hope you are feeling better babe ~~~

sending you get over those funky mushrooms energy....

love and light
xoxo
leonie

11/08/2006 01:31:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home