11/08/2006

Good Thong Underwear Does Help

Funny how its almost Christmas and the sun still blazes in California. It is literally bleaching my dear Lilkat. These weeks have been busy and tiring-zooming down the hill to run task force for the house that is being built for us, racing back up with a sleeping babe in the car to get him tucked in before too late. It isn't all bad, being in the car. We sing along to the songs of the day, some provided by friends while others are seasoned classics. Miles loves Chet Baker, The Sundays, Morcheeba and some Chris Isaak. Desperate moments still call for endless repeats of the Itsy Bitsy Spider or the Boa Constrictor song. Eclectic taste in music, the apple not being far from the...you know. Spiders, snakes, apples...where am I going with this? The season, thus far has been flavored with rich, deep, love and friendship, and also some sorrow. Melancholy seems never to stray from my porch for very long; an old comfortable pair of slippers I shuffle around in from time to time. I don't like to be one of those positive thinkers just for positive thinkings sake. Nor do I enjoy being a Negative Nellie (a term coined by an old boyfriend), loitering around in unsolved problems. So I suppose the way I go about those slippers is to wear 'em when I feel I must, then set them back outside my door until I need them again. Feelings are so mysterious, but I don't reckon they have to be. A friend has helped me to see a feeling as something I can feel, then step outside of and get to the work of figuring out how to see and solve what caused it. Today I am feeling detached. I don't have the energy to get strangled up in someone's net, because I know that I will thrash there for days and I simply don't want to spend my time doing it. I guess I could say that the relationship can't benefit from my typical approach. Can detaching be okay? Is there a time for it? I used to think everything must be faced, head-on: no exceptions, no apologies-just get in there and feel eveything and process til done. I'm questioning that right now. I'm wanting to move out of being mired in stuff that isn't mine. Tell me what you would do. I've bought new, comfortable (no, really) thong underwear. That does seem to be helping matters. I also think these slippers would help immensely.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't even like to be mired in stuff that IS mine.
Lovely blog--good medicine and even gooder food for thought. I shall roll the medicine around on my tongue for a while and chew the food veeeeeeeerrrry slowly.

11/08/2006 11:44:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, yes, yes! You do need those slippers.

I have been thinking a lot about the resonance I feel with the blogs I read everyday (yours included) and was especially taken by your post today. I not only wear Melancholy Slippers from time to time (and am ALWAYS dancing around how often and when it is appropriate to slide them on), but I wear LL Bean WICKED GOOD Melancholy SLIPPERS!

And, I was very likely going to mention them in an upcoming post about working from home or something like that (new to me, as is blogging) because they are part of my uniform, melancholy or not.

Detaching is very much the way to go. A new practice always, but one worth learning. It is especially time for it when you ask that very question: "Is it okay to detach here?" And, when it feels like a net, yes! I have found that once I let go and detach with good intentions things have always worked themselves out. Without my engaging or so desperately trying to fix them, I have energy to boot in the end! Plus, it will serve the other person much better if they are left to their own devices to figure it out. I constantly need to remind myself of this.

Thank you for your wonderful posts, Pixie - they always resonate with me. You will feel better soon!

Cheers to wicked good slippers,
Holly

11/09/2006 09:19:00 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Oh Pixie...I adore you!!!

11/09/2006 02:22:00 PM  
Blogger changapeluda said...

Aaahh Shlippahs....


Is it that sometimes you Feel Too Much? I get like that. Too happy, too in love with my babies. Too sad about sad news stories.

I gotta work on detached.

:0]

11/10/2006 07:44:00 AM  
Blogger a said...

I agree with Holly. Detaching is a wonderful practice, and I find it to be very spiritual - when I can detach from the transient here-and-now drama of whatever is going on, I have a greater ability to sense my own inner center of peace. Bonus: when I do this, I can often see the other person's light in a way I couldn't before. Buddha's teachings are all about detachment, about finding peace in the middle of our tarpits. Ain't always easy, but always so worth it. So slip on those slippers and thongs and let go!
Much love,
Mags XOXO

11/10/2006 11:01:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Love this post. There's lots of sweetness and light in blog-land, and I am not all sweetness and light. Thanks for sharing your own experience in a very positive way.

KM

PS - Feelings are transitory...it's the sitting them out that takes time, effort, and letting go!

11/21/2006 01:11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home