3/21/2006

FOUNDATION

this week's theme at Mama Says Om is foundation. jung says that "the foundation of human nature is instinct". this is freshly true for me. having a baby taps a person into that rushing vein of primeval instinct. in the literal sense, yes, i have become hyper-aware of people, their energy, their ability to drive a car, etc. but i've also tuned into my inner antennae. since giving birth, i feel more...hmmm, goddessy. i use the image above because a) i'm obsessed with coyote and her medicine, and b)she's behind a chainlink fence here and that is just...weird...wrong. she paced and circled like a lunatic that day. her instincts are stripped like this. she's fighting so hard to stay connected to them. i must concur with jung. to be complete, i must also describe my triangle of groundedness: three things keep me sane in the world. B: the man who holds my heart gently in his hand and walks my journey with me. Creating: where my focus becomes sharp, igniting the lamp at the seat of my soul and putting me directly in touch with my unconscious realm. And Spirit: that mysterious, universal, smoky mirror that drops breadcrumbs on my moonlit path and reminds me that i am but a teeny speck in a vast cosmos of connected moments. thanks, mamas.

3 Comments:

Blogger nina beana said...

i love this post. thank you.

3/22/2006 08:07:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a great post. It inspires me to really take a look at what my foundation is and consists of.

And the photo of the Coyote breaks my heart...

3/22/2006 08:29:00 AM  
Blogger Goddess Leonie * GoddessGuidebook.com said...

this post TOUCHES ME greatly.

3/24/2006 12:05:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home