3/16/2006

lost and alone

rainbowhawk, 2006. i'm not lost. nor am i alone. but i liked what the character sayid said to charlie in one of the later first season episodes of hit series"lost": "You're not alone, Charlie. Don't pretend to be." it reminded me of the phenomenon that scared humans create. it sounds silly out of context, but what i want to address is how easy it is to form a habit, a story about ourselves: that no one understands us, that our plight is so much different from that of others, that we are so used to being on our own-it can become a justification for isolating or not calling on others for help, OR losing trust in those who love us. if i weren't guilty of it myself, i wouldn't see it in anyone else, i suppose. it can be quite comfy (in a masochistic way?) to go into a cave to sort out my stuff. in my own cave, i would be lying if i said i also wasn't prone to sulking a bit about being there by my lonesome. but at what point does the behavior become dangerous? surely it can threaten our relationships? i know the answer for me-tell me, what is true for you, m'dears?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am guilty of this... I never ask for help, and see it as a weakness, when I need to. I think losing trust in those who love us is a big danger, and allowing your cave to grow too dark - there should always be a little light shining through.

Thank you for the comment on my site, pixie! I really enjoy your site also. It's fun taking the babe to yoga... can't wait to take him tomorrow. He's the only little boy there, so all of the little girls and women crush on him. Ha.

Take care!
R

3/16/2006 11:36:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been sitting with the concept of story lately. What I am getting is that we even create stories about our stories. So my own story about being seperate from others spins off into a story about how its to big a reality for me to step out of.

But its all story! And I get that truly, intellectually, emotionally, and even physically, I am able to choose a completely different story at the drop of a hat and shift tracks. Thinking this way makes me feel bigger then my story, eliminates the sense of drama I have going on, and opens me up to a broader sense of possibility.

I am playing with these thoughts lately. Haven't quite figured out how to make it as easy as I say it is!

3/16/2006 01:11:00 PM  
Blogger Goddess Leonie * GoddessGuidebook.com said...

oh goddess pixie,

what is it with the synchronicity...
yesterday with the baby suckling that was so reminiscent of a vision yesterday i had... then today with the immense beautiful rainbow eagle... and what was my second vision from yesterday? flying as an eagle through the grand canyon...

i dearly love how you have created her... she is vibrant, and her spirit ruminates off the page. it shows your deep understanding and oneness of animal spirit...

love you in your you~ness,
leonie

3/16/2006 03:17:00 PM  
Blogger liz elayne lamoreux said...

this image of the cave speaks to me. i sometimes find myself there convinced that no one could understand how i feel. i am learning that i am not alone. in my feelings and thoughts and dreams and desires but also i am literally not alone. i do have a few people in my life who want to support me in the same ways that I support them. this is such a blessing...i have to give myself permission to recognize this. instead of reveling in the loneliness that is somehow so comfortable.
thank you for reminding me of this.

3/17/2006 12:57:00 PM  
Blogger Alex S said...

This post today completely speaks to me. I have very much felt this way in recent weeks, and the reality is I am hardly alone in what I am dealing with. I have a circle of amazing family and friends, and so it really is just a story I am telling myself. I know it somewhere inside but its so soothing to hear this truth today from someone else. Thank you!

3/20/2006 09:49:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home