11/13/2006

Tractor Pull

My dad has long been saying that he has a tractor set aside for Miles. Do you know of any little boy who's Grandpa says things like this? This is the nature of my silly family. This is his first ride, which he enjoyed so much. A few minutes after I snapped this picture, they operated the bucket on the front, a big thrill for my little farmboy. Tomorrow we are off to stay a night with Mile's Gangie while Grandpa is off hunting for elk in Colorado. We are taking a play day, a welcome contrast to our usual trips north. Lately it seems like we've been all work: on the new house. We should be moving shortly after the Thanksgiving holiday. This makes four times in 14 months. I can tell you that it will be the last for a while. Packing up boxes and thinning out "stuff" is a task I'm mostly happy to do. A new home always holds the promise of a new beginning: clean new walls without nail holes, new rooms mean new ways to set up my space and make it work for me. Since before Miles was born, I haven't felt organized or like life outside of him really works. I'm excited to set my desk up in a fresh way with all of my books and tools nearby, store all of my dishes in one cabinet instead of having half of them in storage, create a real room for Miles where ALL of his things can be in one place instead of scattered in several places. And so much more. Then I want to sit back, curl up with a glass of this and watch the third season of this show over and over and laugh my freaking ass off. You have not really laughed until you have seen Tobias' grafted hair transplants...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Pixie, you will have a wonderful home sweet home.

There is nothing like being grounded in your own space, knowing that you have the security to plant roots and make it a home (and know where the dishes are)! Within your new walls, you will have the room to create the life you have sought for yourself since before that beautiful babe was born. It will work! I know it will!

11/14/2006 07:59:00 AM  
Blogger a said...

Arrested Development is the best. Show. Ever. I know you will enjoy it even more having organized and settled into your new home. When does that happen, anyway? Much love, and thanks for reminding me how calming and comforting an organized space can be. I'm getting ready to re-furnish my office, and the thing I'm most looking forward to is having a place for everything and everything in its place. XOXO

11/14/2006 09:33:00 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

I hear you, my sweet, I hear you! Wish I could join you in drink and laughter.
Much love,
W

11/14/2006 06:00:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AW--it's old McDonnie and his sidekick Sugar Booger. What a Deere picture.
alas, the little nipper looks much happier on that tractor than he does in the shopping cart at Target doesn't he?
thank you for a heartwarming blog

11/16/2006 12:18:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home