11/17/2006

Adoring Moo Neigh

Miles has been roaring like a lion, which I think must be his favorite animal, for a couple of months. This is how we wake up in the mornings: With a deep and joyous "RAAARRRRR". He loves to watch programs about animals and look at pictures of them until his eyes grow tired. We make all of the sounds for each animal-including made up sounds for animals like ostriches, rhinos and giraffes because I have no idea what they say. Many times a day when I catch Miles and his Daddy playing, I will hear B say "You're so cool, man." I think to myself-what a difference it is to say this to your kid over the standard "I love you", which we say a billion times a day, too. While certainly possessing merit, LOVE lacks active appreciation: as if it exists in the river of my heart as opposed to the playground. After the events that happened with the flaky, using family member earlier this season, I started thinking about how LOVE can be wonderful-but it makes no guarantees about healthiness. It can exist and say nothing about adoration, trust, respect, inspiration, or wonder. I find that I have love for some people down in my heart, but that I can't be in relationship with them. Humans sometimes do the strangest things in the name of love. Similar with god. I'll bet this isn't the first time I've ever pondered LOVE, the wordfeeling. Because I'm bringing up a little boy, I want him to know and see that I hold him more special than just with LOVE. I see his brilliance and I want him to know that he inspires me, changes me, motivates me, helps me be better than I was before him. What must it feel like to be a little child and hear your adoring parent say with full emotion, "YOU are so COOL!" ? Miles will know.

7 Comments:

Blogger SunJay said...

hi its sarah jane!

11/17/2006 07:35:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi pixie its jan

11/17/2006 08:02:00 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

they could be brothers...satch is fixated on animal sounds too!
xoxo
w
you're so cool, miles!

11/18/2006 07:27:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

bee-yoo-tee-ful!
miles is blessed to have a mommy and daddy who are pretty cool themselves.

11/18/2006 08:33:00 AM  
Blogger Courageous Kat said...

You are just one amazing mama. This post made me teary.

11/19/2006 10:22:00 AM  
Blogger boho girl said...

i love what your hubs said to Miles..."you're so cool, man".

i have much to learn from you when i become preggers.

hubs and i are heading out to B.C. for a few days but i'd really like to reconnect when i return. it's been too long Virgo Pixielicious Sister.

love to you.

11/21/2006 05:29:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That is some GREAT stuff!

Happy Thanksgiving...

11/22/2006 12:42:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home