2/01/2006

workboots

on the farm, 2006.

thanks to another marathon inspirational chat with my dear friend swirly this morning, i feel rather clear on my vision for the short term. my baby is four months old today and surprisingly forgiving of my obsession with creating art and having my head in art supplies.

swirly and i spoke of how the subtle tension of planning small projects begs her to BURST into her bigness, which of course she is destined for. we can literally feel in our bones when our ideas go click! and everything we are doing makes sense. i am having one of these moments today, and it is so exciting to shift from one phase to the obvious next. i thrive on forward motion, and often it is not until i have been going a bit stale that i feel the sparkle light up and know it is time to put one foot in front of the other again.

i look up at miles about every thirty seconds and he seems to say "This had better be important, you." over my shoulder he watches baby einstein (now we both know how to count to ten in german and japanese...) and we sing together as i work, fleshing out ideas and planning my next few pieces of artwork. don't panic, this boy is on my body much more often than i may make it sound.

still languishing in post-retreat bliss, i can now feel myself transitioning into action. my goal is to finish twenty-two paintings by end of june and have my website fully functional. stay tuned, world. i'm strappin' on my boots...

4 Comments:

Blogger Swirly said...

I can feel your excitement and it is giving me goosebumps! You are onto something big yourself, girly. I LOVE YOU.

2/01/2006 04:15:00 PM  
Blogger Courageous Kat said...

I love the energy in this post. I cannot wait to see what you unleash on the world!!!

2/01/2006 08:10:00 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

You are lovely! Swirly is the perfect person to invigorate someone. The two of you are unstoppable! I can't wait to visit a site where I can read your stories and view your art!

2/02/2006 12:34:00 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

You are lovely! Swirly is the perfect person to invigorate someone. The two of you are unstoppable! I can't wait to visit a site where I can read your stories and view your art!

2/02/2006 12:34:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home