1/23/2006

when your lover goes to londontown

miles and daddy. december, 2005. san francisco, ca. Do: 1. Have dinner with two or more girlfriends who know your heart. 2. Talk on the phone with Swirly. 3. Make thick and rough oatmeal with extra brown sugar for brekkies. 4. Wander the antique mall with baby riding in front facing body pack. 5. Buy old discarded english wood-cut number blocks. 6. Shower when possible. 7. Raise the window shades. 8. Eat massive amounts of mexican food and Uncle Eddies cookies. Do Not: 1. Listen to John Coltrane's Blue Train. 2. Wage war with anyone. 3. Attempt to operate a motorized vehicle with a fussy man-cub on board. 4. Visit sad, unnecessary places in the mind. 5. Limit your reading to, "Go, Dog, Go." 6. Forget to take a shower or brush teeth. 7. Let your well meaning brother talk you into watching ten episodes of Battlestar Galactica.

9 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1/24/2006 03:33:00 AM  
Blogger Colin said...

So insightful... it's amazing the self-destructive patterns you can fall into when under the spell of loneliness and separation. My personal vices when Penny went to Californiatown were beer and old Nintendo games - and those sad, unnecessary places you mentioned.

1/24/2006 06:44:00 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

I can't believe he's in london already!!! I will take a very necessary break from GRE studying tonight and give you a call. If you are busy, don't pick up...I will leave you a delicious little message.

1/24/2006 09:20:00 AM  
Blogger boho girl said...

my well meaning husband got me addicted to Battlestar too. i didn't realize i was such a sci-fi geek until now. darn him!!

your man-cub (and father bear) are adorable and your DO list is fabulous.

1/24/2006 10:25:00 AM  
Blogger Swirly said...

Pixie, my love, I am still battling a headache that seems to be enjoying looming directly above my head, threatening to plunk down into my body at any given moment, but as always, you make me laugh my head off.

All I'll say is - and I've said it before - Thank God for Pixie.

Pixie Rocks.

1/24/2006 12:37:00 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Wendy said...

Thank you! I feel the same, kindred spirit. Visit haunt blog often and admire your zen master, Miles. Satchel was born May 29th. The ring thing is called a Winkel and I posted the link for you.

All good things,
Wendy
http://motherrising.blogspot.com
http://www.wendycook.com

1/24/2006 01:32:00 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

let me try again to type a literate sentence... "I visit/ haunt your blog often"

1/24/2006 01:34:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, but if your reading does consist mainly of any children's book... it *must* be Skippyjon Jones! If I had a penny, I'd send you a copy~ yes, I would.

So fun to see you here more often, and to see the little sprout's sweet growingness~

1/24/2006 07:44:00 PM  
Anonymous Window Cleaning Boyle Heights said...

Hello mate nice blog

10/29/2022 01:21:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home