3/27/2006

grandpas and stuff

this man will determine my day today. my dear grandpa may have another surgery today. he is 80 years old and is seen here holding miles when miles was about 3 weeks old. grandpa is diabetic, blind, has prostate cancer and never ceases to crack me up. he is one of the funniest people i know. i think his crazy sense of humor is what has gotten him by in life. i know he is a bit frightened, but he is surrounded by many family members, and that makes a big difference to him. please send my grandpa courageous thoughts today as he faces this difficult task. he used to sing bill's songs over and over when i'd visit. they are emblazoned on my brain because of him. he is one unique individual. this weekend was nice. the campbells stayed inside mostly, except to take a neat walk around the neighborhood with miles in daddy's baby backpack. we sorted through boxes in the garage-hello, giant garage sale to come-watched about 10 episodes of season four alias(which is about to officially jump the shark), made dinner plans for the week (i'm really getting into this planning thing-how did i live without it for so long?!), read from some inspiring books, took baths with miles, made roaring fires, and generally relaxed. oh! and the neato-est thing was that i ordered the quickstart guide to illustrator, bought my domain name and hosting service and am that much closer to creating my own website. i know that to most of the civilized world, designing her own website is a cinch. i've hid under the covers of my husband's dreamweaver skills for too long. i'm going to do it on my own now, so i can be a big girl. thanks to all of you who have sent me tips or suggestions! especially amy, who was right on about hostradius. tomorrow is a rather special spt and don't forget that Funday is coming up on friday! start thinking about all the fun things you will do... and check back here for instructiones on how to get your Funday report seen.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Being particularly spoiled rotten by my grampa I send you many bright rays from the rainbow... strength, spirit and courage among them. You are always in my thoughts wonder woman! Here's to the crazy songs that grampa's sing and that everyone should experience!
May you have many more with yours.
~it is a good day~

3/27/2006 11:10:00 AM  
Blogger boho girl said...

pixie love...i just read this today. please keep me updated on your darling grandpa. he's adorable and i love, love, love his smile.

big love, sister. xoxo

3/28/2006 12:04:00 AM  
Blogger Goddess Leonie * GoddessGuidebook.com said...

big love to your grandaddy...

big tribal powerful root chakra seed acorn oak love.

xoxo

3/28/2006 01:44:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home