2/28/2006

funday report

As promised. A trip to the ice cream cafe that has served the fertile valley for almost a hundred years: Dewars. It was baby Miles first trip and he immediately picked up the scent of whole fat dairy and hand turned marshmallow creme. The lights at Chuck E. Cheese were too rainbowneurotic to ignore. My child and I were equally thrilled by the prospect of skee ball where we, unsurprisingly, totally ruled.

The Chocolate Covered Banana of Ill Repute.

Uncle Godfather and Miles in front of a portrait of Diego Rivera at the local art museum, where a doctor's private collection of Mexican and South American pieces currently hang.

You said it.

Hold onto your canzones because the last day of every month is now officially known as Funday. I'll remind you ahead of time and you can post your photographic evidence at your own blog. Think of it as our communal little way of being accountable for having some yuks, realtime. Stay tuned for instructions...

5 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

I love the way Miles is staring at his mama with his cheeks that you can sink into. And do you know what jumps right out at me in the gallery photo? Those beautiful baby legs on Miles!!! What is it about those cheeks and legs that drives us wild?!?!

Thanks for the giggle re: showering and the lack there of. I once saw an ad in a parenting magazine in which a mom was holding her baby with a smile and it read, "I haven't showered since tuesday". I didn't understand it then, but now as a new mom, I think of it and laugh at how true it is.

Oh, Pixie, you are a delight and your baby is sooooooo beautiful!

love from us!

3/01/2006 03:08:00 AM  
Blogger Courageous Kat said...

I, too, love the idea of Funday. I am standing at the ready, waiting for instructions.

3/01/2006 02:54:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I will happily participate, I am always anxiously awaiting FUNDAY! WOO HOO

3/01/2006 09:35:00 PM  
Blogger Swirly said...

Now this is a splendid idea. :)

3/02/2006 06:57:00 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

Yes!!! I didn't even know it was fun day! I did get my hair done (it's reddish and fun) and we had our first vet trip, which was not fun because I am now a crazy dog mom and I was worried...but became fun because Pancakes is healthy! I will do something BIG and FUN this month!

3/02/2006 07:50:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home