1/11/2007

Warm Inside

Most of the snow has melted from two weeks ago, but word is that we will be seeing some flurries this weekend. It's hard not to be able to spend lots of time outside with Miles, we both suffer cabin fever. But it's especially nice to curl up warm and cozy and read books and snuggle with the little imp. I love this book by Karma Wilson and Jane Chapman because it includes animals not often in kids books, a bouncy yet satisfying rhythm for a toddler, features yummy food mentions, (this always has the ability to stir something wonderful in my core, as in the teacakes eaten in Narnia and golden lembas of Middle Earth) great illustrations, and friendship. I'm reading for me, too: The Glass Castle, Jeannette Walls Celebrating Silence, Sri Sri Ravi Shankar Money, A Memoir: Women, Emotions and Cash, Liz Perle I made vegetable pie again, except this time I added in a can of corn chowder from Trader Joes and I stir fried the veggies instead of boiling. Mmmm. Even better. Can't live without tea. Can't live without this face lighting up my life every day, from the lion roars in the morning to the monkey calls in his highchair.

4 Comments:

Blogger Lucy said...

Nothing compares to the love we feel for our kids.
I wish I could go back in time and savor every moment once again. They grow up too quickly! He is a cutie pie :)

1/11/2007 02:01:00 PM  
Blogger Goddess Leonie * GoddessGuidebook.com said...

sumptuous and beautiful :)

1/11/2007 03:44:00 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

swooning over satchel's spirit brother!

love the link to veggie pie and cheeks!

we went out for indian food tonight. satch and i shared malai kofta and a mango lassi. he looooooves lassi.

xoxo

1/11/2007 05:39:00 PM  
Blogger Courageous Kat said...

Oh. My. God. Cutest Photo EVER. (2nd one).

1/13/2007 03:37:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home